To Get to Edmonton
Those travelling by air will fly into Edmonton International Airport which is located south of Edmonton on the Queen Elizabeth II Highway (Highway 2).
- 30 km (32 minutes) to the University of Alberta
- 33 km (35 minutes) to Edmonton downtown
- A number of car rental services operate out of the airport.
- Skyshuttle provides prebooked transportation service from the airport to numerous Edmonton destinations and can accommodate large groups.
- Taxi service from any of the five taxi companies that operate at the airport is offered for a flat rate of $48 from the airport to downtown Edmonton.
- EIA Express Route 747 is a direct transit route operated by Edmonton Transit from the airport to the Century Park LRT station. Fare for the Express Route 747 service is $5.00, and fare from the Century Park LRT station to all conference locations, including the University of Alberta campus and downtown Edmonton, is $3.20 with trains running at a frequency from every 7 minutes to every half hour.
Via Rail offers three overnight trips per week to Edmonton and longer duration trips from points east.
Travel Within Edmonton
By Public Transit
Edmonton Transit System (ETS), operated by the City of Edmonton, offers easy and economical travel by light rapid transit (LRT) and city transit bus to all points associated with the conference. A mobile trip planner application can be downloaded to your mobile device for easy navigation of city transit service. Adult transit fare is $3.20 for 90 minutes, or $9.00 for an all day pass.
Parking at the University of Alberta
Parking permits are required to park on campus between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Daily permits for the parking lots adjacent to the conference venues on campus are $14.00 or $15.00 per day. Short term rates for these lots are $1.00 to $1.25 per 15 minutes. Overnight permits for Lister Centre guests only are available for $7.00. For specific lots' rates and locations, please see the University of Alberta parking services website.
Parking is also available at the Campus Tower Suite Hotel parkade for a daily rate of $12.00. You are not required to be a guest of the hotel, but you must register your vehicle at the front desk.
- Accreditation Appeals Committee
- Accreditation Committee
- Accreditation Services Committee
- Appointments to Other Organizations
- Award for Case Studies in Data Analysis Committee
- Awards Committee
- Bilingualism Committee
- CRM-SSC Prize Committee
- Census at School Canada
- Committee on Membership
- Committee on New Investigators
- Committee on Women in Statistics
- Election Committee
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Lise Manchester Award Committee
- Local Representatives
- Pierre Robillard Award Committee
- Program Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Publications Committee
- Research Committee
- SSC Award for Impact of Applied and Collaborative Work Committee
- SSC Office Committee
- SSC Treasurers
- Statistics Education Committee
- Student Research Presentation Award Committee
- Student Travel Grant Committee
- Student and Recent Graduate Committee
- The Canadian Journal of Statistics Award Committee
- Press Releases
- Sections & Regions
- Actuarial Science
- Statistical Education
- Survey Methods
- Southern Ontario
- New Investigators
- Statistical Resources
- Site Map