Student Research Presentation Awards
Awards will be given at the 2013 SSC Annual Meeting at the University of Alberta for the best research presentation made by students. Up to two awards will be given: up to one for a talk in a contributed paper session and up to one for a poster presentation. Entries will be judged on the quality of both the presentation and the underlying research. The award consists of a certificate and a $500 cash prize.
To be eligible for this award, a student must not have defended her/his thesis or completed his/her final degree requirements by December 31, 2012, and must not have previously won the award.
In addition, the student must:
- submit the abstract of a poster or contributed paper through the meeting website by January 31, 2013;
- check-mark the box on the abstract contribution form that indicates interest in being considered for the award;
- have his/her supervisor or department send, by February 25, 2013, an e-mail to email@example.com confirming the student status as of December 31, 2012;
- prepare a summary of the results to be presented, no more than four pages in length, and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2013;
- present the work or poster in person at the Annual Meeting.
Joint work is eligible, as long as the student makes the presentation.
- Sections & Regions
- Actuarial Science
- Statistical Education
- Survey Methods
- New Investigators
- Statistical Resources
- Site Map