Sunday May 26
- Afternoon Excursion (fee event)
Fort Edmonton Park, the Muttart Conservatory, the Art Gallery of Alberta, and a river valley walk are offered as excursions to participants. A shuttle bus will provide transportation to and from the attractions for a $10 fee. Any attraction entry fees are to be paid directly by the participant at the attraction. Plan for your excursion to start around 12:30 and last up to five hours. Please select your tourism destination when you register and further information will be provided closer to the date.
- Welcome Reception, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Science
Socialize in a new University of Alberta building.
- Dinner of the Caucus for Women in Statistics and the Committee on Women in Statistics (fee event), 7:30 pm, Kyoto Japanese Cuisine (8709 109 Street)
The SSC Committee on Women in Statistics and the Caucus for Women in Statistics cordially invite all interested men and women to attend an informal get-together on Sunday night at a restaurant near campus. Interested women and men are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19. This event is not included in the registration fee. Students are especially welcome.
Monday May 27
- uWaterloo Math Alumni Lunch, 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm, Hudsons Canadian Tap House (Campus)
Waterloo alumni attending the SSC or living in the Edmonton area are invited to a complimentary social lunch! Enjoy lunch and a couple beverages while reconnecting with fellow alumni. Professor Steve Brown will share exciting updates from the Faculty of Math and from the university campus. Guests welcome. Remember to bring your business card for a chance to win great door prizes! RSVP to Kate Jessop, Senior Alumni Officer Math by emailing email@example.com. See you there.
- Student BBQ (free for graduate students), 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, RATT (Room at the Top), SOLD OUT
Enjoy a view of the University of Alberta and downtown Edmonton.
- Old Strathcona Restaurant Night (fee event), 6:15 pm to 9:00 pm
Small groups will go to restaurants in the Old Strathcona area (map). Participants will choose one restaurant and sign up sheets will be available at the registration desk. Participants will be required to sign up by 2:00 pm Monday May 27, 2013. The restaurants are: Murrieta's, Chianti Cafe, Julio's Barrio, Yiannis Taverna, Packrat Louie, and The Pourhouse Bier Bistro. Participants will choose one restaurant and sign up sheets will be available at the registration desk. Participants will be required to sign up by 2:00 pm Monday May 27 to guarantee participation. Reservations will be limited to 10 per restaurant. Participants can choose to gather at the registration desk at 6:10 pm for a guided walk to the restaurant or make their own way to the restaurant for a 7:00 pm reservation. Participants will pay for their own meals which are subject to an automatic 18% gratuity.
- New Investigator Dinner (fee event), 6:15 pm to 9:00 pm
The SSC New Investigators Committee organizes a causal get-together event for new researchers,as a part of the Old Strathcona Restaurant Night. If you are a new investigator, and want to meet other new investigators at the 41st Annual Meeting of the SSC, please indicate your preference when signing-up for the Old Strathcona Restaurant Night at the registration desk (choose The Pourhouse Bier Bistro, 10354 82 Avenue). Participants can choose to gather at the registration desk at 6:10 pm for a guided walk to the restaurant or make their own way to the restaurant for a 7:00 pm reservation. Participants will pay for their own meals which are subject to an automatic 18% gratuity.
Tuesday May 28
- Banquet, Blatchford Hangar, Fort Edmonton Park SOLD OUT
The banquet will be held in the Blatchford Hangar at historic Fort Edmonton Park, with cocktails and a cash bar at 6:15 pm and dinner service beginning at 7:05 pm. All conference participants who have not declined the banquet will find a banquet ticket in their registration envelope. You are asked to place this on the table in front of you. If you have a ticket but do not wish to attend the banquet, please return your ticket to the registration desk by noon on Tuesday, May 28. Buses are arranged to transport participants from the University of Alberta (west side of Edmonton Clinic Health Academy) from 6:00 pm to 6:30 pm to Fort Edmonton (last bus at 6:30 pm) and return participants after the banquet (10:00 pm to 10:30 pm). Participants will be dropped off at the main gate and take a short walk to the Blatchford Hangar. We recommend that all participants use the bus service, and we ask that you show your banquet ticket prior to boarding the bus. Parking is also available at the general Fort Edmonton parking lot. If you have special needs or considerations that prevent use of the bus service or require delivery right to the Blatchford Hangar, please contact the Local Arrangements Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) for alternatives by May 15.
- Accreditation Appeals Committee
- Accreditation Committee
- Accreditation Services Committee
- Appointments to Other Organizations
- Award for Case Studies in Data Analysis Committee
- Awards Committee
- Bilingualism Committee
- CRM-SSC Prize Committee
- Committee on Membership
- Committee on New Investigators
- Committee on Women in Statistics
- Election Committee
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Lise Manchester Award Committee
- Pierre Robillard Award Committee
- Program Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Publications Committee
- Research Committee
- SSC Award for Impact of Applied and Collaborative Work Committee
- SSC Office Committee
- Statistics Education Committee
- Student Research Presentation Award Committee
- Student Travel Grant Committee
- Student and Recent Graduate Committee
- The Canadian Journal of Statistics Award Committee
- Press Releases
- Sections & Regions
- Actuarial Science
- Statistical Education
- Survey Methods
- New Investigators
- Statistical Resources
- Site Map