If you want to visit the spectacular and unforgettable Canadian Rockies, explore the land of the dinosaurs, ride a steam train, take part in wilderness adventures, or examine petroglyphs, Alberta has wonderful opportunities for you.
While visiting Edmonton, be sure to explore Alberta's stunning landscape. A wide variety of pre and post conference tours can be arranged individually and customized to suit delegates' budgets and travel schedules. Delegates can arrange for these trips by booking through www.vacationscanada.travel or www.explorerockies.com.
Jasper National Park
The parkway links Jasper and Banff National Parks, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Lake LouiseNot to be missed is spectacular Lake Louise, thirty-five miles west of Banff.
Alberta Prairie Railway Excursions
Located two and one-half hours from Edmonton, this attraction pleases train buffs, offering the opportunity to spend a day on a steam or diesel-powered train.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Interpretive Centre at Head-Smashed-in-Buffalo Jump is located in the territory of the Blackfoot peoples, who hunted buffalo in the region.
Royal Tyrrell Museum of PaleontologyLocated in Drumheller in Alberta’s badlands (3 hours from Edmonton), this museum is named after Joseph Tyrrell, who first discovered Albertasaurus bones in local coal deposits.
Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park
Near Alberta’s border with Montana, this park protects one of the largest examples of ancient rock art (petroglyphs and pictographs).
Photo Credits to: Edmonton Tourism, Fairmont Lake Louise, TravelPod, Royal Tyrrell Museum, Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump National Historic Site of Canada, Parks Canada, photographer: Jazhart Studios, Government of Alberta and the Royal Alberta Museum
- Accreditation Appeals Committee
- Accreditation Committee
- Accreditation Services Committee
- Appointments to Other Organizations
- Award for Case Studies in Data Analysis Committee
- Awards Committee
- Bilingualism Committee
- CRM-SSC Prize Committee
- Committee on Membership
- Committee on New Investigators
- Committee on Women in Statistics
- Election Committee
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Lise Manchester Award Committee
- Pierre Robillard Award Committee
- Program Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Publications Committee
- Research Committee
- SSC Award for Impact of Applied and Collaborative Work Committee
- SSC Office Committee
- Statistics Education Committee
- Student Research Presentation Award Committee
- Student Travel Grant Committee
- Student and Recent Graduate Committee
- The Canadian Journal of Statistics Award Committee
- Press Releases
- Sections & Regions
- Actuarial Science
- Statistical Education
- Survey Methods
- New Investigators
- Statistical Resources
- Site Map